“Write for the readers” – the basic idea of conventional writing is applied here too with a technical blend of SEO terms like keyword, competitor research etc. Because ultimately it is the human users who make the decision of purchase, not the spiders of search engines.
Relevant and informative copywriting indeed is the very foundation for a website to be successful. Good content and excellent website setup directs your visitors to what exactly they desire while collecting or inquiring for information in your website.
Prepare these questions as you think about content topics for copywriting:
• For whom I am writing?
• Is the content relevant, new or innovative for my reader?
• Is it focused on what you can give to the reader more than what you will receive from writing it?
It is advisable that your content should have about 250 words that are viewable per page, having a maximum of 3 targeted keywords or search terms placed strategically inside the text.
Once you get to the copywriting stage, you should have already performed keyword and competitor research. Because then you have to take the words from that research and write, succinct, fluid, readable content based on this data.
Tips for SEO Copywriting:
SEO Copywriting is an art of literary writing strictly following technical terms. And like all art forms, SEO Copywriting takes time to get going in the right direction.
- • Active voice priority – Search engines read left-to-right, top-to-bottom. Writing in active voice usually helps you get your keywords in earlier in the sentence.
- • Use keyword instead of a pronoun – Don’t stuff it, but consider which spots you can sub out a pronoun and use another variation of the keyword.
- • Precise, relevant and simple sentences – Visitors are in hurry, they don’t like to spend much time reading contents. So as you don’t have much time to catch reader’s attention, make it short and eye-catchy.